November 16, 2007

Crafty Life

I've been neglecting the blog again. I don't think anyone reads it anyhow, but the truth is, I don't have a whole lot to say. I've been crocheting a lot, and knitting not so much. I think that while I may knit some, that crochet is my needle art of choice. I feel much more comfortable with a hook in hand than fumbling around with a couple needles. It helps that I am relearning crochet after 5 or 6 years rather than just picking it up. I am, however, endeavoring to make a pair of socks on double pointed needles. It's slow going, but I am giving it a shot.

I got my beta invite to Ravelry and I am in love. In love, I tell you! I love the organizational features and being able to browse through all the WIP's and FO's. It is lovely. I've got a queue about a mile long. I started on a pattern I discovered through Ravelry a couple days ago called Seraphina's Shawl. I started it yesterday evening and I'm about 7 rows into it. I'm doing it in a Paton's Classic Merino Wool in Grey Mix. It may not drape as well as other yarns, but it will be warm for the winter. I've noticed a few screw ups so far, but I don't care enough to rip it out. Maybe if I were making it for someone else, but this project is mine, all mine!

I do need to stop making projects for Ryleigh and myself though because I have a super huge Christmas list I need to fulfill. I've done 2/18 gifts! I'm going to be a busy girl between now and Christmas. I've also got Christmas Cards to make. Luckily for me, Finals are December 3rd, and I've got about two weeks between then and Christmas to finish up what I cannot finish before then. It'll be so wonderful to have a whole month off to do nothing. During Winter and Spring terms, I've only got a week between the two, so I'll get rested up the best I can after Winter and go full force.

Uhoh, nap time is over. I guess this is the end of this entry. Sayonara :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the shawl! I hadn't started mine yet. I will do my Moebius scarf, then get myself a dose of instant gratification with a doily, then I will attempt the shawl.