January 25, 2008

Obento!

I am working on a few things right now. First off, I've decided that I just don't like knitting, so I have not done any new knitting in months. I tried to start knitting a Ravenclaw scarf, but I pulled it out so I can crochet it instead. Knitting isn't for everyone, is it?

So projects-wise, I am working on a hat with Pattons SWS. I adore this yarn, it is so warm and silky. I've also started aforementioned Ravenclaw scarf in colors of navy and bronze. And I'm working on an ipod cozy for a personal swap over at Craftster.

On the home front, I've taken up a new practice of packing bento lunches for my hubby and Little Bea on days that they are out at work or daycare. I've also been packing them for myself on my school days except Thursday when I can eat at home before going in.

I am amazed at the work that goes into some of these lunches. It is truely like an art form. There is a large flickr group devoted to bento arrangement and prep. I am particularly inspired by Luckysundae's talent. Granted, my goal is just to get together a semi-healthy lunch in a box that my loved ones will actually eat. I think I am married to the pickiest man alive and add a 2 year old into the mix, there are only so many things I can put in the boxes and it requires me making at least two different things, so I try to pack them the night before.

That said, I need to go pack two snack bentos so that Little Bea and I can go to storytime at the library. Today is our first day and I am looking forward to it.

No comments: