February 3, 2008

2 Peas Sunday Blog

Share your earlies memory from when you first start to scrapbook.....

Originally, I remember working on my Senior Memory book. I bought some really great paper at the local office supply store. Some of it was Debbie Mumm, and I remember it being super expensive and somewhere in my mind knowing that my mom really couldn't afford to buy it, but she did anyway.

Then when I really took scrapbooking on as a hobby, I was 22 and my daughter was 2 weeks old. I had been hording supplies for quite some time at this point, but I hadn't actually started to put things together yet. My first layout that I did was of my daughter the day we came home from the hospital. I am still a bit sketchy on details because I still had morphine pumping through me, but the layout is hideous. Really hideous.

Granted, I will keep it forever because it is my first, and it is about my first precious days with my first baby.

4 comments:

mborrero said...

You are so sweet in your writing voice. I like that. Thank you for sharing this with us.

toners said...

LOL! Those first layouts are fun to look back at...I desperately want to re-do mine, but will leave it for the purposes of nostalgia :)

Stephanie said...

Hey there! Have you signed up for Ravelry.com ? If not you should check it out! They are a great community for knitters/crochers!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.