May 29, 2007

Hunting and Gathering

Today was our first 90 degree weather. Ugh. Too much for me. We spent most of it inside, but we did take a walk to playground for a few minutes.

I've been gathering fabric for the last couple days, trying to get ready to make a quilt for my daughter. It's been a plan in the works since before she was with us, but I never got around to it. A few weeks ago I picked up the cutest Pottery Barn crib set for $4 at the thrift store. It is a red gingham crib bumper, pillow case and bed skirt, but there isn't a quilt to match.

I'm planning something like this Sudoku pattern, but maybe a little longer so it will fit a twin bed. The colors are reds, pinks, greens and bleached muslin. I've got some cherries, some checks and paisleys. It will be so much fun! I want to get started, but I'm being lazy and don't want to get the iron out. It is probably better that way for now because I am behind on school work and I can't find my rotary cutter anywhere. It doesn't help that I have not used, nor seen it for two years.

No comments: